Instant Pot Baked Potato - Fluffy Inside
If you love baked potatoes you will love how delicious and easy this Instant Pot Baked Potato is. The results are fluffy inside and crispy outside as you would would expect in a delicious baked potato.
- 2 russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Using a knife, make a small criss-cross slit through the skin in the top of the potatoes. Add water to the pot. Place a steam rack in the bottom of the pot. Add the potatoes slit side up.
Close and lock the lid and turn the steam release handle to Sealing. Set your Instant Pot to pressure cook on High for 17 minutes. When the cooking time is done, press Cancel. Let stand until the pressure releases naturally and the float valve drops down. Turn the steam release handle to Venting and remove the lid.
An instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the potato should register 210°F and the potatoes should show no resistance when pierced with a knife. (If more cooking time is needed, continue pressure cooking on High for 2 minutes, then quickly release the pressure.)
Transfer potatoes to serving plates and cut a longer section into the top of each potato. Top with a pat of butter. Serve with salt and pepper, sour cream, and more butter on the side.
- As a side dish top with sour cream, shredded cheese, crispy bacon pieces, sliced green onions or chives.
- Stuff the potato with hot chili like this Fuss-Free Instant Pot Chicken Chili
- Top the potato off with these Blackened Shrimp.
- Stuff the baked potato with chunks of cooked chicken and steamed broccoli florets. Then drizzle a little cheese sauce over the top.
Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 117mg | Potassium: 888mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 2mg