Crisp. Hot. Fluffy. The perfect air fryer frozen French fries have all of these qualities and more! Delicious tasting fries are at your fingertips and without leaving the house. These golden crispy air fryer French fries are so delicious tasting you are destined to put a smile on everyone's face.
What Makes Frozen Fries in Air Fryer So Fabulous
- First, you can forget about all the fuss with cleaning and cutting your russet potatoes into evenly sized matchstick fries.
- Frozen fries cook up so much faster in the air fryer than air frying them from cut raw potatoes.
- Frozen French fries have been prepared with the oil and salt already, so there is no need to add additional oil.
- Air fryer frozen French fries consistently turn out crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
How To Cook Frozen French Fries in Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer. I understand that several air fryer brands and recipes don't require preheating. I prefer to preheat for a few reasons:
- Starting out with a hot basket gives the frozen fries a boost in cooking and crispiness.
- The cooking times for these air fryer frozen French fries are more accurate since I am starting with the cooking temperature required.
- Preheating the air fryer doesn't take as long as preheating an oven - in this Air Fryer Frozen French Fry recipe I turn on the air fryer and get my frozen fries ready to cook and voilà I am ready to go!
Thoroughly toss the air fryer frozen French fries midway through cooking to make sure that all surfaces get exposed to the heat. If you are air frying frozen French fries that are not in a single layer, you may want to toss the air fryer fries more than once.
Air fryer brands and sizes will cook differently, so adjust your cooking times accordingly. My favorite brand of frozen Fries for the air fryer is Ore-Ida, but if you want no-salt added frozen French fries you can order them delivered and don't have to leave your house!
Nothing works better than visual and taste testing of your air fryer frozen French fries for perfect results. Once you have cooked these once, you will have a much better idea of how your air fryer cooks.
This air fryer frozen French fry recipe is timed for slender cut frozen French fries. If you are using a thicker cut fry, you will need more cooking time. Likewise, crinkle cut or steak fries will take more cooking time. The time may increase up to 10 more minutes depending upon the type of frozen fry. Check your air fryer French fries and every 3 to 5 minutes and toss them, if needed.
Air fryer frozen French fries can be refrigerated after air frying for 3 to 5 days. To reheat, place the leftover air fryer frozen French fries in a preheated 300 degree Fahrenheit air fryer. Reheat 5 to 7 minutes or until heated through.
I do not recommend refreezing cooked air fryer frozen French fries.
More Air Fryer Recipes You Will Enjoy
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer Pork Chops With Garlic Sage Rub
- Air Fryer Burgers - So Crazy Good
- Golden Air Fryer Shrimp
- Crispy, Moist Air Fryer Chicken Legs
📋 Recipe Card
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Arrange the frozen fries in an even layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Remove the basket with the fries and shake to thoroughly toss the fries for even heating. Return fries to the air fryer and cook for 4 to 9 minutes or until crispy outside and fluffy inside.
- Season to taste with seasoned salt, if using. Or, you can season to taste with fine kosher salt, if you prefer.
- Serve hot with your favorite condiments.