This Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce uses only 6 ingredients and 5 minutes cooking to yield a thick, tangy and slightly spicy BBQ sauce. All ingredients are most likely hanging out in your pantry or refrigerator already!
This homemade barbecue sauce can be covered tightly and refrigerated for up to 2 weeks or frozen for up to 3 months. If you are going to freeze it, it would be really helpful for you if you would measure it out into containers so you know just how much you need to defrost.
Use this sauce over Amazing BBQ Ribs in the Oven – Easy and Tender, baby back ribs, spareribs, and chicken for a perfect oven-roasted BBQ.
Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce
- ⅔ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, paprika, cumin, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper; heating until simmering. Cook, stirring often, 5 minutes or until flavors are melded and sauce is thickened to your liking.