This Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce uses only 6 ingredients and 5 minutes cooking to yield a thick, tangy and slightly spicy BBQ sauce. All ingredients are most likely hanging out in your pantry or refrigerator already!
This homemade barbecue sauce can be covered tightly and refrigerated for up to 2 weeks or frozen for up to 3 months. If you are going to freeze it, it would be really helpful for you if you would measure it out into containers so you know just how much you need to defrost.
Use this sauce over Amazing BBQ Ribs in the Oven – Easy and Tender, baby back ribs, spareribs, and chicken for a perfect oven-roasted BBQ.
Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce
A wonderfully easy homemade bbq sauce with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. 6 ingredients and 5 minutes simmering and you have a versatile homemade bbq sauce for chicken and pork ribs.
- ⅔ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, paprika, cumin, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper; heating until simmering. Cook, stirring often, 5 minutes or until flavors are melded and sauce is thickened to your liking.
Sauce can be covered tightly and refrigerated up to 2 weeks or frozen up to 3 months.
Calories: 54kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 475mgPotassium: 95mgFiber: 1gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 372IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 11mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was @MavenCookery or tag #mavencookery!
Finally BBQ sauce recipe that has the perfect taste I've been looking for. Just like J & J BBQ food truck who unfortunately had to close. Thank you!!