This amazing Garlic Parmesan Sauce recipe is to die for. Creamy, cheesy, and packing a punch of flavor, this homemade sauce recipe is perfect for making garlic parmesan wings or just as a dip for your wings.
Garlic parmesan sauce is great for dipping other appetizers in, adding into pasta dishes, and drizzling on top of easy fish, pork or chicken breasts. In about an hour you'll have an extremely versatile and fantastic Parmesan Garlic Sauce for all your needs.
Dunk your Air Fryer Wings into this cheesy garlic sauce. Drizzle some across your Pan Fried Pork Chops or Skirt Steak and try not to lick your fingers, this sauce is that good!
Making your own sauces, like homemade marinara sauce, any white sauce, or creamy sauce is so satisfying because you know exactly what ingredients are used and can doctor it up to be the absolute perfect sauce for whatever you're using it for.
Why You’ll Love This Simple Garlic Parmesan Sauce Recipe
- More flavorful than store-bought sauce
- You know what's in it and how it was made
- No need to check the pantry for sauce anymore when you can just make your own
- A versatile sauce that goes on a TON of recipes
You only need a handful of common and simple ingredients to make this easy recipe. Get the full recipe and ingredient quantities in the recipe card below.
- Mayonnaise - Use real mayonnaise instead of Miracle Whip or similar which can add more tanginess.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese - Be sure to use the freshly grated parmesan cheese in this parmesan garlic sauce recipe. Don't use the powdered stuff in a green can, which does not have the same cheese flavor like the freshly grated parmesan does.
- Garlic Powder - Do not substitute fresh garlic or granulated garlic. Either of these will not absorb well and you will have small pieces of garlic in your sauce.
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Tips for Creamy Parmesan Sauce
- Use fresh grated parmesan. You can find freshly grated parmesan, typically in clear pint containers or you can grated your own from blocks of fresh parmesan.
- How much parmesan do you need to make 2 tablespoons grated: You will need a ½ ounce block of parmesan to make the 2 Tablespoons of freshly grated cheese that is called for in this recipe. You should try to make more than you think you need and refrigerate the remaining cheese in an airtight container to use on other dishes. This should keep for about 2 weeks.
- How to grate parmesan cheese: 1) Use a block grater, or 2) cut a block of cheese into small 1-inch chunks. Place the chunks in a food processor and process for about 20 seconds or until it's fully ground into coarse pieces.
How To Make Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise and olive oil. Add the grated parmesan, garlic, and ground pepper; stirring well until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Don't rush the time the sauce remains in the refrigerator. This is needed so the sauce flavors can meld together. If you rush it, your sauce won't be as delicious.
- For a thinner creamy garlic parmesan sauce, pulse the sauce in an immersion blender so it drizzles easier onto things like crispy wings.
Instead of mayonnaise, some other recipes for this kind of sauce suggest using unsalted butter, salted butter, heavy cream or chicken broth, and all-purpose flour. I feel that mayo is the best ingredient but these are other ingredients you can check out if needed to make this dipping sauce.
Mayonnaise: Use any brand of real mayonnaise you prefer. I like to use the Sir Kensington's Mayonnaise brand for my recipes since it uses Certified Human Free Range eggs, is non-GMO, and of course, tastes absolutely amazing.
Parmigiano Reggiano can be substituted for grated parmesan in this recipe. Although for the increased cost, I don't feel that it adds that much of a better flavor profile for the sauce.
You can also use Pecorino Romano in place of the freshly grated parmesan if needed. Pecorino is a bit sharper than parmesan and much saltier. If you are using your sauce in another dish that requires salt, decrease the amount of salt in the other dish and taste test it before adding any additional salt. I also recommend you use kosher salt because of the larger crystals which will blend more easily and are easier to add in smaller quantities.
For a spicy sauce add in some hot sauce, red pepper flakes, or mix it with sriracha sauce.
There are numerous things you can use this creamy garlic sauce for but I think my favorite is using it as the best garlic parmesan wing sauce for crispy chicken wings or as a dipping sauce for fresh veggies.
I also love drizzling garlic cream sauce on top of roasted veggies or different cuts and types of meats to bring even more delicious flavor to recipes I already love! Or how about using it as an awesome salad dressing on a classic Caesar salad topped with marinated steak tips.
The sauce can be made up to 2 days ahead of time. If you make the garlic parmesan sauce ahead of time, make sure to stir it all up again before using it.
For best results, any leftover garlic parmesan sauce can also be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days as long as no other ingredients have been dipped into the sauce. If the creamy sauce has been dipped into by air fryer wings or any other appetizer or snack, you'll need to discard the sauce. You won't be able to save the leftovers for later use.
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ tablespoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise and olive oil. Add the grated parmesan, garlic and ground pepper; stirring well until combined
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Serve with your favorite chicken wings or other dippers.
Leave a Reply