Meaty bone-in air fryer pork chops are rubbed with garlic and sage for juicy, tender and wonderfully appetizing pork chops. This delicious air fryer pork chop recipe tastes restaurant-quality, but you won't believe how easy it is to prepare at home. Enjoy this healthy(ier) dish with your favorite side dishes for a comforting dinner in under 40 minutes.
What Makes This Recipe Amazing
Tender, Juicy Pork Chops. Cooking pork chops in an air fryer nearly guarantees that they are going to come out perfectly every time. By following the air fryer pork chops recipe below you'll have chops that are golden brown on the outside and slightly pink on the inside.
Perfect to Customize. We love the sage and garlic rub used in this air fryer pork chops recipe. These flavorful seasonings are blended with apple cider vinegar for a bright and tangy taste. However, feel free to mix it up and use your favorite seasoning blends. Continue reading for some great ideas!
Healthier "Fried" Dish. Although this recipe is prepared in an air fryer, there is no added frying oil used. Only a bit of olive oil is required for the garlic sage rub. That's it!
Pairs Well With Side Dishes. These hearty air fryer pork chops are delicious with potatoes, all sorts of roasted or sautéed veggies, fresh salads, or nearly any side dish you like.
Easy Weeknight Meal. The rub is made with only a handful of wholesome ingredients. Start to finish this dish is ready in under 40 minutes, so it's great to prepare as a quick weeknight or relaxing weekend dinner.
Steps for the Best Results
- Select Bone-In Pork Chops. For cooking pork chops in the air fryer, you want to buy bone-in ribeye pork chops, also sometimes called rib chops. They should be about an inch thick and weigh about 8 ounces each for the perfect air fryer bone-in pork chops.
- Prepare the Pork Chops. Do not cut off the fat before cooking; rather, cut a series of small slits in the fat of each chop to keep the edges from curling.
- Make the Pork Chop Rub. Mix together the rub ingredients in a small bowl or measuring cup. Using your hands, pat the mixture evenly on both sides of the pork chops. This recipe is for air fryer pork chops (no breading) and takes advantage of air frying for the crispiness.
- Air Fry the Pork Chops. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. Place pork chops in the air fryer basket so that they do not touch. Cook pork chops for 6 minutes, flip, and air fry for another 6 minutes until done. (Cooking time may vary depending on your air fryer make and model.)
- Check for Doneness. Cooked pork chops should reach an internal temperature of 140 degrees F immediately after cooking. Use a meat thermometer for the most accurate temperature reading.
- Rest and Serve. Let the air fried pork chops rest for about 5 minutes before serving. After resting, the pork chops should rise to a temperature of 145 degrees F. Serve air fryer pork chops warm with your favorite sides.
- Air Fryer BBQ Pork Chops. Like at a barbecue, but easily made in the air fryer: Brush pork chops with 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard. In a small bowl combine 1-½ tablespoons smoked paprika, 2 teaspoons kosher salt, 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar, 1 teaspoon granulated garlic and 1 teaspoon granulated onion. Sprinkle mixture all over pork chops and gently pat mixture onto the chops. Continue with step 2.
- Air Fryer Pork Chops Parmesan. For an Italian-inspired air fried pork chops recipe: Spray the pork chops all over with olive oil cooking spray. Mix 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning with 2 teaspoons kosher salt. Sprinkle mixture all over the pork chops. Continue with step 2.
- Classic Spice Mix. Simple, no-fuss but full of flavor: Brush pork chops with 2 teaspoons canola oil. In a small bowl, combine 2 teaspoons kosher salt, 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon ground coriander. Sprinkle mixture all over pork chops. Continue with step 2.
- Air Fryer Boneless Pork Chops. Reduce the air fryer temperature to 375 degrees F. The cook time will be approximately the same. However, test the pork chops doneness after 9 minutes to avoid overcooking. Boneless air fryer pork chops will be dryer than bone-in pork chops.
- Hoisin Ginger Glaze. For an Asian-inspired taste that pairs well with a side of steamed rice and stir-fry veggies: Mix together 3 tablespoon Hoisin sauce, 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar, ¾ teaspoon grated ginger and a pinch of red chili flakes. Brush mixture over pork chops. Continue with step 2. Garnish the air fryer pork chops with 1 thinly sliced green onion (white and light green parts only).
- Orange Clove Blend. Creates a bright citrusy, earthy rub that enhances the sweetness of the air fryer pork chops: In a small bowl, add 2 teaspoons ground cloves, 2 teaspoons pure olive oil, 2 teaspoon liquid honey, 1 teaspoon minced garlic and 1 teaspoon orange zest. Microwave, stirring halfway through cooking, 30 seconds or until fragrant. Brush mixture all over pork chops. Season chops with kosher salt. Continue with step 2.
Suggested Side Dishes
- Perfectly Crispy and Tender Roasted Baby Potatoes
- Sweet and Crispy Roasted Carrots and Potatoes
- Sautéed Broccoli with Garlic
More Easy Dinner Air Fryer Recipes
- Crispy and Moist Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Golden Air Fryer Shrimp With Special Sauce
- Crazy Good Air Fryer Burgers
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings With Your Choice of Sauce
These air fryer pork chops are destined to become one of your favorite air fryer recipes!
Air Fryer Pork Chops With Garlic Sage Rub
Pork Chop Rub
- 2 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 bone-in ribeye pork chops (each about 1-inch thick)
Pork Chop Rub
- Mix together oil, sage, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Spread both sides of pork chops with the herb mixture. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Arrange pork chops in air fryer basket without overlapping. Cook for 6 minutes. Using tongs, turn pork chop. Continue cooking for 6 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally in the center of the chop registers 140°F. Remove chops from air fryer and let stand 5 minutes. Internal temperature should rise 5° to 145°F.