Take your bbq ribs to the next level with this Homemade Sweet and Tangy BBQ Sauce. The sauce brings together the sweet, tangy, smoky and spicy flavors you expect from an amazing bbq sauce.
If you love Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce, you are going to love this one. You can make it up with items you probably have in your pantry and refrigerator right now.
Make a large batch of this barbecue sauce ahead of time. It can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks and frozen for up to 3 months.
Homemade Sweet and Tangy BBQ Sauce
- 3 cups ketchup
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke , (you could add more if you prefer a smokier BBQ sauce)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire, onion powder, mustard, paprika, liquid smoke and pepper. Cook until simmering, stirring often, and reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, stirring often, 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened to your liking.