Cooking en Papillote is as easy as one-two-three when you know how to do it the right way. Whether you are camping, cooking on the grill, baking in the oven, or pressure cooking in your Instant Pot, you will love the results you can achieve from this cooking method.
In recipes such as Instant Pot Salmon the ingredients are steamed inside parchment packets (en papillote) and placed on the steam rack inside the Instant Pot. A fan favorite recipe is BBQ Ribs in the Oven which uses a large foil packet to make the ribs amazingly moist and tender. Here’s how to make the tent-style and flat packets described in those recipes.
How to Make Tent-Style Packets for Cooking en Papillote
- Place the ingredients in the center of the foil or parchment paper as directed in the recipe.
2. Bring the long ends of the foil or paper up to meet over the ingredients Fold down the foil or paper until the top of the packet is tightly sealed but there is enough of a gap between the food and the top of the packet to allow air and steam to circulate.
3. Fold or crimp up the open ends of the foil or paper until the folds are tight against the ingredients and the packet is tightly sealed.
How to Make Flat Packets
2. Bring the long ends of the foil or paper up to meet over the ingredients Fold down the foil or paper until it is tight against the ingredients.
3. Fold up the open ends of the foil or paper until the folds are tight against the ingredients and the packet is tightly sealed.
If you are getting ready for camping or grilling season, you should check out 150 Best Recipes for Cooking in Foil: Ovens, BBQ, Camping which has wonderful recipes for cooking en papillote. You will also find recipes for in 175 Best Instant Pot Recipes that use this method of cooking too!
Leave a Reply