Air Fryer Asparagus - Crispy and Tender
The beauty of making Air Fryer Asparagus is that you can dive into this delicious spring vegetable in just 15 minutes or less!
- 1 pound asparagus
- Grapeseed oil or Canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic optional
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
Snap or cutoff the white, woodier portion at the bottom end of the asparagus spears. Set aside the ends. (See Tips)
Rinse asparagus. Using a paper towel, pat spears dry and place in a shallow dish.
Drizzle the grapeseed oil over the asparagus, tossing to coat. Season with salt. Sprinkle with minced garlic, if using, and toss. Arrange spears inside the air fryer basket without overlapping.
Air fry 6 to 9 minutes, or until crisp-tender and browned in spots.
- A one pound bunch of asparagus has approximately 12 to 15 spears depending upon their diameter.
- This recipe serves 2 to 3 people depending upon what other dishes are being served with it.
- Large (½ inch diameter) or Extra Large (⅝ inch diameter) are ideal sizes for roasting and air frying.
- When selecting a bunch of asparagus, look for long, blemish-fresh, bright green spears with closed, compact tips.
- Select bunches with similar sized spears. Spears of a similar diameter will cook more evenly.
Calories: 49kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 468mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1715IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 5mg