These Air Fryer Green Beans are lightly breaded and seasoned with a perfect mixture of garlic and cheese. Not only are they superb tasting but they take less than ten minutes to prepare and under 15 minutes to air fry. Since these green beans are cooked in your air fryer you aren't going to unnecessarily heat up your kitchen either.
If you are looking for a fun appetizer, a side dish to go with your favorite protein, or an after school snack, look no further than air fryer green beans.
Why We Love This Recipe
Fresh Vegetables. This air fryer green bean recipe is just another way to use those fresh green beans that are abundant in late summer and the fall. It is a fabulous way to take advantage of all those farmer's market goodies.
Easy. Easy to make and just a few ingredients are needed.
Versatility. Air fryer green beans are great as an appetizer, finger food for a tailgate party, and a midday or after school snack. Try them with dips such as this Spicy Dill Dip or this Bold Teriyaki Sauce for an added punch of flavor. As a side dish they complement a wide variety of main dishes.
- Green Beans
- Shredded Parmesan
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to Prep Green Beans
- Pick Through the Beans. Go through your beans and discard any that are damaged or broken.
- Line Up the Beans. Arrange the beans on a cutting board with the stem side facing the same direction. Use the edge of your knife or your hands to line up the stem ends evenly.
- Cut Off the Stem Ends. Using your knife, cut off all the stem ends at once. You don't need to cut off much of the bean, just a small amount to get rid of the stem.
- Trim Off the Other End. (Optional) You can repeat step 3 by lining up the other tip ends of the beans. This isn't a necessary step since there is nothing wrong with the tip. Only do this if you feel you want to for their appearance.
Steps to Make Crispy Seasoned Green Beans
Whisk the eggs and garlic in a bowl. Add the green beans and toss to coat.
Add the flour, parmesan, salt and pepper to a 1 gallon food storage bag.
Using tongs, transfer about ½ of the green beans to the flour mixture. Close the bag and shake the mixture until the beans are evenly coated.
Don't crowd the green beans in your air fryer. It's okay if they overlap, but you want to leave enough room so the the hot air can circulate around them. Make them in batches, if necessary
Spicy - add chili pepper flakes while cooking to imbue heat into your air fryer green beans.
Garlic - use 1-½ teaspoons granulated garlic in place of the minced garlic.
Extra Crunchy - reduce the flour to ½ cup and add ½ cup Panko bread crumbs for a crunchier outside.
You may also want to try this air fryer green bean recipe for tasty air fryer green beans without the breading.
Air fryer green beans do not store well in the refrigerator or freezer.
Use fresh green beans within a couple days of purchasing. Clean and trim your green beans right before you are ready to make your air fryer green beans.
📋 Recipe Card
Air Fryer Green Beans Fries With Parmesan and Garlic
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic approximately 6 cloves
- 1 pound fresh green beans washed and trimmed
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese about 4 ounces
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your air fryer to 370°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and garlic. Add green bean, tossing to coat.
- In a plastic 1 gallon food storage bag, add the flour, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Using tongs, transfer about ⅓ of the green beans to the flour mixture. Close the bag and shake the mixture until the beans are evenly coated.
- Using the tongs, transfer the green beans to the air fryer basket. Lightly spray the beans with cooking spray. Repeat with the remainings beans. (See Tip)
- Cook, tossing halfway through, 12 minutes out until golden brown.
- Transfer beans to serving plates.