Learn how to make Instant Pot Spaghetti with the best tomato sauce ever. Being the best tomato sauce doesn’t mean it’s complicated. If fact, this tomato sauce is super easy. Even better, Instant Pot Spaghetti is full of the flavors you expect from your favorite spaghetti sauce and pasta but, with much less cooking time and mess to cleanup.
I love recipes for the Instant Pot because of their simplicity, but cooking spaghetti in an Instant Pot is the easiest spaghetti recipe ever! This Instant Pot spaghetti recipe is so good that you will never cook spaghetti on the stove top ever again.
Make a family favorite meal that is easy, super quick, and perfect for busy weeknights. You may even get dinner on the table before someone asks “what’s for dinner?” 🙂 You will love just how easy and budget-friendly Instant Pot Spaghetti is.
How to Make Instant Pot Spaghetti
Let’s start with the ingredients for pressure cooking spaghetti. Actually they are so simple that it is almost hard to believe just how fabulous this Instant Pot spaghetti sauce tastes.
- A Can of Whole Peeled Tomatoes – Canned tomatoes are the best choice for this recipe. Processed tomatoes are harvested when they are ripe red. These ripe tomatoes are processed almost immediately. The tomatoes are canned within about 6 hours from when they were harvested according to the California Tomato Growers Association. Store bought tomatoes are harvested when they are green and often have a tougher skin in order to survive shipping from the fields to the grocery store.
- Meat – We love ground beef, but you can use ground pork or turkey if you prefer. You can also omit the meat entirely.
- Basil – Fresh basil leaves are ideal, but you can also use dried basil. Depending upon how much basil you use, dried may be the easier and more budget-friendly choice.
- Garlic Cloves
- Butter and Oil – Butter adds and wonderful creamy depth of flavor to the sauce. Butter also helps to balance out the acidity of the tomatoes. I add a smaller amount of oil to help with browning the meat and garlic. Butter is what makes this the Best Tomato Sauce Recipe ever!
- Spaghetti Noodles – Only use dried noodles. Fresh spaghetti cooks too quickly to be used in the Instant Pot.
Tips for the Making the Best Spaghetti in a Pressure Cooker
- Read the recipe ahead of time so you are ready with all your ingredients and understand the steps.
- Add the ingredients in the order listed.
- Break the spaghetti in half to fit inside the Instant Pot.
- Be careful when releasing the steam from the pot to prevent burns.
- When planning ahead, remember that your Instant Pot will take a little time to pressurize before the cooking time starts.
If you want to cook spaghetti without sauce in the Instant Pot, you can learn how do you cook pasta in an instant pot with many different types of pasta. You will find out how much liquid do you cook pasta in an Instant Pot with and how long you cook pasta in your pressure cooker for the different types of pasta.
If you want to use fresh tomatoes from your garden or farmer’s market, you can find 3 great tips for how to peel tomatoes. I personally prefer the hot water method, but use whichever one works better for you. You will need about 10 to 12 tomatoes, approximately 2 pounds for this recipe. Add the tomatoes and their juices to the inner pot just like you do with the canned tomatoes.
How to Reheat Leftover Instant Pot Spaghetti
- Add the pasta to a saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until heated through.
- Add the pasta and sauce to the Instant Pot. Cook on Sauté and Low, stirring occasionally until heated through.
- Place the pasta with sauce in a heatproof dish and cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes.
- Cover the pasta and reheat in the microwave.
More Instant Pot Pasta Recipes:
You may enjoy some of these Easy Pasta Recipes:
Go here to get more great Instant Pot Recipes
Instant Pot Spaghetti (With the Best Tomato Sauce)
- 1 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 28 ounce can of whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- PInch salt
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan cheese optional
- Set your Instant Pot to sauté on Normal. When the display says Hot, add oil and heat until shimmering. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking up into smaller bits with a spoon, until no longer pink. Drain beef. Set aside.
- Add the butter and cook until melted and bubbly. Add the garlic cloves and cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden. Add the tomatoes, with juices, to the pot. Using a potato masher or a large spoon, crush the tomatoes. Add the basil and salt. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Press Cancel. Stir in the reserved beef.
- Add pasta, pushing it down into sauce. Add 2/3 cup water to the tomato can, swishing it to collect the remaining juices, and pour on top of pasta.
- Close and lock the lid and turn the steam release handle to Sealing. Set your Instant Pot to pressure cook on High and adjust the time to half the time recommended on the pasta package minus 1 minute. (If the cooking time is a range, use half of the higher number minus 1 minute.)
- When the cooking time is done, press Cancel and turn the steam release handle to Venting. When the float valve drops down, remove the lid. The pasta should be al dente. (If more cooking time is needed, continue pressure cooking on High for 1 minute.) Serve warm, with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Do not use fresh spaghetti in this recipe.
- You can use 2 teaspoons dried basil in place of the fresh basil.
- For Instant Pot Spaghetti With No Meat, omit the meat and the oil. Skip step 1. Skip returning the meat to the pot in step 2.