Brown rice, water and an Instant Pot — it really doesn’t get much simpler than that. Instant Pot Brown Rice is truly a set and forget method of cooking.
You can count on this Instant Pot Brown Rice recipe to come out perfect every time as it has been tested, not only by me but, by my food editors and our nutritionist. We've also developed and tested some really awesome variations that I am sure you are going to love.
Brown rice does take longer to cook than white rice because it retains its outer layer, called the bran, but the added nutritional benefits are worth the extra time.
A Great Side Dish For:
Instant Pot Brown Rice (Super Simple and Tested)
- 1 ⅓ cups long- or short-grain brown rice, rinsed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ⅔ cups water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- In the inner pot, combine rice, salt, water and oil.
- Close and lock the lid and turn the steam release handle to Sealing. Set your Instant Pot to pressure cook on High for 18 minutes.
- When the cooking time is done, press Cancel and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes, then turn the steam release handle to venting. When the float valve drops down, remove the lid. The rice should be tender. (If more cooking time is needed, continue pressure cooking on High for 2 minutes, then quickly release the pressure.)
- Fluff rice with a fork. Serve immediately.