Instant Pot Broccoli is so quick and easy to make. For bright green, crisp-tender broccoli this is my go-to recipe. In under 5 minutes you have a delicious, healthy green bowl of family friendly vegetables.
What I Like About This Instant Pot Broccoli Recipe
- Quick and Easy. Under 10 minutes – not much more to say about that!
- Crisp Tender. The broccoli comes out tender and with a little bite. No more mushy broccoli. The mushy results are likely why it took me so many years to like broccoli.
- Good-For-You. Broccoli packs nutrition. Steaming broccoli retains more of its vitamins and minerals. When boiling broccoli they get tossed with the water. Broccoli is a source of vitamins C and K, folic acid, potassium, and fiber. The broccoli turns a vivid green when pressure cooking making it much more appealing.
How To Make Pressure Cooker Broccoli
All you need is fresh broccoli, water, and salt. Oh and of course the Instant Pot.
- Trim the broccoli florets into even sizes so they will get done at the same time.
- If you use a head of broccoli, do not discard the stems after cutting off the florets. Peel the stems and then slice or shred them. Broccoli stems are a wonderful addition to salads.
- Place the florets in a steamer basket not in the water.
- Pressure cook for 1 minute, quick release. and season to taste.
- Toss with a pat or more of softened butter.
- Stir in 1/3 cup toasted slivered almonds. Hint: the almonds can be toasted using the Sauté function on the Instant Pot before steaming your broccoli.
- Garnish with 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds.
- Stir in 1/4 cup pine nuts.
- Sprinkle with parmesan to taste.
- Squeeze lemon juice over broccoli to taste and sprinkle with red chili flakes.
You May Want to Try These Vegetable Side Dishes
Instant Pot Broccoli
- Add water to the inner pot. Place steamer basket in the pot. Arrange broccoli in the basket. Season broccoli with salt.
- Close and lock the lid and turn the steam release handle to Sealing. Set your Instant Pot to pressure cook on High for 1 minute.
- When the cooking time is done, press Cancel and turn the steam release handle to Venting. When the float valve drops down, remove the lid. The broccoli should be crisp-tender. (If more cooking time is needed, close and lock the lid for 1 minute.)
- Immediately transfer broccoli to a serving bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm.