This easy, scrumptious banana bread comes together quickly and with only a few items to clean up. For an easy banana bread that is moist, flavorful and timeless this recipe has earned it's way into our list of favorites.
This easy banana bread comes together so quickly and with ingredients you most likely have in the pantry and the refrigerator. All it takes is a bowl, measuring tools, and a mixing spoon.
Easy to make. Easier to cleanup. Easiest to eat.
How to Make Banana Bread From Scratch
- Select very ripe bananas. The bananas should be so ripe that their skins are almost all black and they feel squishy when they are squeezed slightly.
- Use a fork to whisk the egg in a mixing bowl.
- Measure the remaining ingredients and mix everything in with the egg.
- Pour the batter into an 8- by 4- by 2 ½ inch loaf pan and bake. If your loaf pan is larger that this it can be used but your bread will not be as high. Test your bread for doneness early in the baking cycle.
Store your banana bread and keep it moist by wrapping the bread in plastic wrap and then wrapping again in aluminum foil. Banana bread will stay moist and delicious in the refrigerator for up to 7 days and frozen for up to 3 months.
Make variations of this easy banana bread recipe by adding other ingredients to the batter, such as:
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips, white chocolate, or butterscotch chips.
- ½ to ¾ cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg or ground cloves
Easy Banana Bread
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas, about 2 to 3 medium
- 1-½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 2-½ tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1-¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 8- by 4- by 2 ½ inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a fork, whisk the egg. Add the mashed bananas, flour, sugar, milk, butter, baking powder and salt, mixing well until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer pan to a cooling rack and let stand 10 minutes. Invert a plate on top of the banana bread and flip the plate and pan upside down. Tap pan gently to remove bread. Turn bread upright and let cool completely. Slice and serve.